Check-in and a Recipe
Check-in and a Recipe
So it’s been a while since I checked in. But here I am for check-in and a recipe.
I am doing ok, this week has been full of anxiety for various reasons, but I managed to keep it together and not fall into a heap of blubbery mess. I am taking small steps on this adventure. Some of the steps I have taken so far (no pun intended) are:
- I make it a point to try and walk at least 250-500 every hour, one round in my house is around 80 steps and I can accomplish this in less than 5 minutes.
- for the past week I have taken my vitamins which are:
- Vitamin E
- Super B-Complex
- 5 HTP
- Loggin my food
- drinking 80-100 oz of water a day (this is huge, as I can survive on two cups of coffee, I probably should have my kidneys checked)
It seems to help with my mood for certain. I am also noticing other changes, but that might be for another post as it is lots of lady parts stuff. And probably needs a warning label for guys.
I have lost 3lb. so far and I am ok with that. According to my new Fitbit my resting heart rate has dramatically decreased. It went from the high 80’s to the low 70’s therefore I am sure that will improve even more as I go on.
In less than 2 weeks I am flying overseas and I am not looking forward to it. As this will be the second time and hopefully the last time I need to use a seat belt extender. To avoid the embarrassment of asking a flight attendant, I purchased one. To be honest and this is what this blog is for, I am embarrassed about my body. Having gained all the weight back that I lost 12 years ago and some extra is just that embarrassing. But here I am making baby steps to better myself. So bear with me on these ramblings of mine.
I hope you enjoyed my Check-in and recipe.
And here is a recipe for an awesome breakfast, if you crave something on the sweeter side
French Toast for One
I had a hankering for French Toast the other day, so I came up with this simple and healthy recipe.
- 2 Egg Whites (I use two servings of All White.)
- 1 slive Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 spritz Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Honey
- Mix the egg whites, cinnamon and Honey in a bowl. Then dip the bread in mixture and flip. While it is soaking, heat the frying pan and spray with Olive Oil. Then put the Slice of bread in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes on each side.I usually cook what is egg white mixture is left and make an omelete / crepe out of it.Serve with fresh berries.